Veggie Chickpea Curry FROM 6 MONTHS
1 jar of Bellota Baby’s Butternut Squash & Coconut Puree
200ml chopped tinned tomatoes or a few chopped fresh tomatoes
100ml vegetable stock
200g chickpeas (tinned or in a jar and rinsed thoroughly)
A few spinach leaves (optional)
1 teaspoon of grated fresh ginger
1 teaspoon of turmeric
1 teaspoon of mild curry powder
1 tbsp of coconut oil
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and add the ginger, curry powder and turmeric. Gently heat for a few minutes whilst stirring.
- Empty your jar of Bellota Baby’s Butternut Squash & Coconut puree to the pan.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a few minutes, breaking up the tomato pieces as you stir.
- Add the vegetable stock and rinsed chickpeas. Simmer gently for 20 mins or until the sauce thickens.
- Throw in a couple of handfuls of spinach (chop first for babies) until wilted.
- Serve either on its own or on a bed of rice.
Bunny Treats FROM 8 MONTHS
1 jar of Bellota Baby’s Lemon Zesty Bliss Balls
375g raw cashews (soaked overnight)
125ml coconut cream
Juice of 1 lemon
A handful of pomegranate seeds
A few dried peaches, sliced lengthways
- Blitz the soaked cashews, coconut cream and half the lemon juice in a food processor. Add more lemon juice if necessary to make a smooth, spoonable “mascarpone”.
- Spoon the mascarpone mixture onto one side of each bliss ball to form a round “face”.
- Press three pomegranate seeds (for eyes and a nose) into the mascarpone face.
- To make two ears, position 2 slices of dried peaches towards the top of the mascarpone cream face.